Scientists explain the frontal lobes of our brains - the part of the brain responsible for planning, organizing, anticipating the consequences of one's actions - may not mature until a person is age 25 or beyond. They also tell us that different people mature at different rates relating to their environment and parental influence.
Isn't it odd that the most important part of our anatomy - the part that controls all our body functions - is the last to mature? Was this, perhaps, Yahweh's idea of a big, cosmic joke?
Here's a novel concept, and the answer might be more simplistic than we thought: Perhaps God created our brains this way because it was another way of showing us the importance of obedience.
For instance, when we are young, because we are new to the world, our parents teach us what's "bad" and what's "good", what's "right" and what's "wrong". From them we learn that, if we touch a hot stove, we will be burned. It's probably safe to say that most of us have had to learn that one the hard way, and have suffered some serious consequences because of our willful disobedience. It's human nature to be willful and rebellious.
But a more important example: Each of us were likely taught by our parents to begin saving early. Put a little of your income away and don't touch it . That little bit would, in decades to come, become a fortune! But did we obey our parents? This shows the power of obedience for important aspects of our lives for which we are powerless to assess with our immature brains. Yahweh knows of the important aspects of our lives to come - items of such importance we cannot know ourselves, now, in our present time. We must obey God!
These "do's" and "don't's" are actually Yahweh's way of teaching us initial obedience. We cannot see God, but we can certainly see our parents - and we can always see or feel the final result of disobedience.
After all, how many times have we asked ourselves, "If I had only listened to my parents way back when, I could have been a doctor/lawyer/a high school or college graduate/President of the United States/healthy/wealthy, etc. by now!" We simply don't listen to our parents when we're young, and this is a huge mistake because the Fifth Commandment is: Honor your parents. The Sixth Commandment is the first Commandment in which Yahweh addresses how we are to deal with each other/address our interrelationships. (The first four Commandments are about our relationship with God.)
If you are a believer, then you know that Mankind has disappointed God over and over because of his disobedience. After all, God sent Yeshua to be our final sin Sacrifice because He knew we were never going to "get right" with Him. Mankind has been disobedient since the dawn of time, and we haven't changed one iota.
That's why, in these "end times" it's more important than ever that we "get a brain" - a MATURE brain as soon as possible - and start minding - obeying - our Creator. For once, we need to listen and OBEY, because He has given us some explicit instructions that are truly a matter of life and death and life.
What God has been saying is that many of us are "selectively hearing"!
He has been VERY clear about the things He wants us to know and understand, and what He does and does not want us to do! Let's check out just a few of them:
First of all, God wants us to understand that NOBODY on this earth is sinless or blameless in the eyes of God:
- Isaiah 64:6: All of us are like someone unclean, all our righteous deeds like menstrual rags; we wither, all of us, like leaves; and our misdeeds blow us away like the wind.
- Romans 1: 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
- Romans 3: 9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks (Gentiles) are all under sin....
Furthermore, we, in our earthly bodies and with our limited, human mindsets can't understand the things of God; that's why it is necessary for us to "have the Holy Spirit in our hearts" to help us understand:
- 1 Corinthians 2: 14 Now the natural man does not receive the things from the Spirit of God - to him they are nonsense! Moreover, he is unable to grasp them, because they are evaluated through the Spirit. 15 But the person who has the Spirit can evaluate everything, while no one is in a position to evaluate him.
Yet God has reached out to us, time and time again; and through the millenia He has constantly presented us with the choice of life or death:
- Deuteronomy 30: 15 "Look! I am presenting you today with, on the one hand, life and good; and on the other, death and evil - 16 in that I am ordering you today to love ADONAI your God, to follow his ways, and to obey his mitzvot (commands), regulations and rulings....
The Bible makes it very clear that we are to rid ourselves of our human "stuff" and LISTEN to, and adhere to the Word of God:
- 2 Tim. 3: 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is valuable for teaching the truth, convicting of sin, correcting faults and training in right living; 17 thus anyone who belongs to God may be fully equipped for every good work.
- James 1: 19 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
But, we are also to respect and obey our government officials:
- Titus 3: 1 Remind people to submit to the government and its officials, to obey them, to be ready to do any honorable kind of work, 2 to slander no one, to avoid quarreling, to be friendly, and to behave gentle towards everyone.
In "Old Testament" times, God used to demand animal sacrifices to atone for our sins. However, in Jeremiah 31:30-34 He promised us a New Covenant. This New Covenant came to us in the form of Messiah Yeshua (Jesus Christ), our FINAL Sin Sacrifice:
- John 14: 6 Yeshua said "I AM the Way - and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through Me.
Did you know that Messiah Yeshua was foreshadowed throughout the Tanach (Old Testament) - especially in Isaiah 53?
- Isaiah 9: 6 For a child is born to us, a son is given to us; dominion will rest on his shoulders, and he will be given the name Wonder of a Counselor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.
- Micah 5: 2 "But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity."
In these end times which we are in now, there are "false prophets" trying to tell the world that Yeshua was Messiah but not YHWH-Come-in-the-Flesh. This is a blatant lie! Please see our articles that prove the contrary: Who Does Messiah Say He Is?, and More Proof that Yeshua is Divine. Here are just a few examples as to what the Bible tells us about Yeshua:
- Colossians 2: 8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. 9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, 10 and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority....
- Colossians 2: 8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. 9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form....
- John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 All things came to be through him, and without him nothing made had being. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness not has suppressed it.
- John 10: 30 I and the Father are One, He who has seen me has seen the Father....
- Philippians 2: 6 Though he was in the form of God, he did not regard equality with God something to be possessed by force. 7 On the contrary, he emptied himself, in that he took the form of a slave by becoming like human beings are. And when he appeared as a human being, 8 he humbled himself still more by becoming obedient even to death - death on a stake as a criminal! 9 Therefore God raised him to the highest place and gave him the name above every name; 10 that in honor of the name given Yeshua, every knee will bow - in heaven, on earth and under the earth - 11 and every tongue will acknowledge that Yeshua the Messiah is ADONAI - to the glory of God the Father.
We are to remember that salvation is ONLY in Yeshua:
- Acts 4:12 - There is salvation in no one else! For there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by whom we must be saved!"
Did you know that Yeshua warned us that if we denied Him on earth, He would deny US before the Father?
- Matthew 10: 32 "Everyone therefore who shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. 33 "But whoever shall deny Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven."
Many people like to believe the "once saved, always saved" idea. But what does the Bible say to those who like to believe they're saved, yet continue to sin and act "carnal"?
- Ezekiel 18: 4 Look, all lives belong to me - both the parent's life and the child's life are equally mine - so it is the person who sins, himself, who must die.
- Hebrews 6: 4 For when people have once been enlightened, tasted the heavenly gift, become sharers in the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit), 5 and tasted the goodness of God's Word and the powers of the 'olam haba - 6 and then have fallen away - it is impossible to renew them so that they turn from their sin, as long as for themselves they keep executing the Son of God on the stake all over again and keep holding him up to public contempt. 7 For the land that soaks up frequent rains and then brings forth a crop useful to its owners receives a blessing from God' 8 but if it keeps producing thorns and thistles, it fails the test and is close to being cursed (Genesis 3:17-18); in the end, it will be burned.
- Revelation 3: 16 'So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.
The "lukewarm" are the Sunday "pew warmers" who want to be seen in church, but don't really bother living their faith. They are the ones who never crack the Bible or bother to learn God's commands. They are the ones who think "Jesus nailed the 'law' to the cross"....
Most people don't seem to understand that the "law" is God's Torah - His original teaching and instruction. Why would He, after Messiah's death, decide that His original teachings were wrong? Did God ever tell us to stop celebrating His all-important feasts? Did He tell us to change His Sabbath to Sunday? Please read our article, Contrary to Popular Belief: Yeshua (Jesus) Was Not a "Christian" which describes what every believer should ask him or herself before denying "the law". You might be surprised! God said:
- Proverbs 4:2 "I give you good instruction: Do not forsake my Torah."
- Matthew 5: 17 Don't think that I have come to abolish the Torah or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete. 18 Yes indeed! I tell you that until heaven and earth pass away, not so much as a yud or a stroke will pass from the Torah - not until everything that must happen has happened.
QUESTION: Has everything happened that must happen? Have heaven and earth passed away yet? If not, what makes us think that we are to ignore God's Torah (original teaching and instruction found in the first five books of Moshe (Moses)?
Ever since Lucifer (a.k.a. Satan) was kicked out of heaven for trying to usurp God's power, he has been very busy trying to steal us from our Creator. Satan has already deceived millions and is using those who have fallen for his lies to help lead the rest of us astray. God told us to watch out for the deceivers in this world, including many "religious" people who are being used as "false prophets":
- Matthew 24: 4 Yeshua replied: "Watch out! Don't let anyone fool you! 5 For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Messiah!' and they will lead many astray. 6 You will hear the noise of wars nearby and the news of wars far off; see to it that you don't become frightened. Such things must happen, but the end is yet to come. 7 For peoples will fight each other, nations will fight each other, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various parts of the world; 8 all this is but the beginning of the 'birth-pains'. 9 At that time you will be arrested and handed over to be punished and put to death, and all peoples will hate you because of me. 10 At that time many will be trapped into betraying and hating each other, 11 many false prophets will appear and fool many people; 12 and many people's love will grow cold because of increased distance from Torah. 13 But whoever holds out till the end will be delivered. 14 And this Good News about the Kingdom will be announced throughout the whole world as a witness to all the Goyim. It is then that the end will come.
When someone tries to lead you astray, or when doubt comes like the morning sun to blight our faith, God has a solution:
- Ephesians 6:11-13: Use all the armor and weaponry that God provides, so that you will be able to stand against the deceptive tactics of the Adversary. 12 For we are not struggling against human beings, but against the rulers, authorities and cosmic powers governing this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realm. 13 So take up every piece of war equipment God provides; so that when the evil day comes, you will be able to resist; and when the battle is won, you will still be standing. 14 Therefore, stand! Have the belt of truth buckled around your waists, put on righteousness for a breastplate, 15 and wear on your feet the readiness that comes from the Good News of shalom. 16 Always carry the shield of trust, with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the Evil One. 17 And take the helmet of deliverance; along with the sword given by the Spirit, that is, the Word of God; 18 as you pray at all times with all kinds of prayers and requests, in the Spirit, vigilantly and persistently, for all God's people.
By the way, here's another topic that "the world" wants to ignore: sexual purity!
- 1 Corinthians 6: 9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
- Revelation 22: 14 How blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they have the right to eat from the Tree of Life and go through the gates into the city! 15 Outside are the homosexuals, those who misuse drugs in connection with the occult, the sexually immoral, murderers, idol-worshippers, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. 16 "I, Yeshua, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the Messianic communities. I am the Root and Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star.
As you can see, God expects much of His people! He expects us to be righteous and clean, and most of all, to OBEY! Did you know that we are vehemently warned not add to, or subtract from, the Bible? That means, Man's writings such as the Book of Mormon is an abomination to God because it tries to ADD an entire book suggesting that God used another besides Yeshua to "start a new religion"!
- Deuteronomy 4:2 Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.
- Revelation 22: 18 testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.
If you are a friend of "the world" which is full of evil and decadence, you are an enemy of God:
- James 4: 1 What is causing all the quarrels and fights among you? Isn't it your desires battling inside you? You desire things and don't have them. You kill, and you are jealous, and you still can't get them. So you fight and quarrel. The reason you don't have is that you don't pray! 3 Or you pray and don't receive, because you pray with the wrong motive, that of wanting to indulge your own desires. 4 You unfaithful wives! Don't you know that loving the world is hating God? Whoever chooses to be the world's friend makes himself God's enemy!
But yet, MOST people don't care to hear about God or the Bible at all:
- Matthew 7: 13 "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14 "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
By the way, did you know that "the Jews" are God's "Chosen People"? Of the 12 Tribes, the Tribe of Judah was chosen to take Torah into
the world and safeguard and preserve it (Genesis 49:10, Micah 4:2); and, let's not forget: YHWH caused Yeshua to be born into the Tribe of Yehudah/Judah. Many people think that "the church" replaced Israel and the Jews. But the Bible tells us otherwise:
- Genesis 12: 2 I will make of you a great nation, I will bless those who bless you, and I will make your name great; and you are to be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, but I will curse anyone who curses you; and by you all the families of the earth will be blessed."
- Deuteronomy 7: 6 For you are a people set apart as holy for ADONAI your God. ADONAI your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his own unique treasure. 7 ADONAI didn't set his heart on you or choose you because you numbered more than any other people - on the contrary, you were the fewest of all peoples. 8 Rather, it was because ADONAI loved you, and because he wanted to keep the oath which he had sworn to your ancestors, that ADONAI brought you out with a strong hand and redeemed you from a life of slavery under the hand of Pharoah king of Egypt. 9 From this you can know that ADONAI your God is indeed God, the faithful God, who keeps his covenant and extends grace to those who love him and observe his mitzvot (commandments), to a thousand generations. 10 But he repays those who hate him to their face and destroys them. He will not be slow to deal with someone who hates him; he will repay him to his face. 11 Therefore, you are to keep the mitzvot, laws and rulings which I am giving you today, and obey them.
- Jeremiah 30: 22 "You will be my people, and I will be your God."
Most believers realize that we are in the "end times". Unfortunately, "the world" doesn't seem to realize this, or to care. The Bible outlines in the Books of Daniel and Revelation and others exactly what will happen. It is imperative for us to get ourselves "right" with God before it's too late:
- 2 Timothy 3: 1. But know this: That in the latter days hard times will come: 2. and men will be lovers of themselves and lovers of money, boasters, proud, revilers, unyielding towards their own people, deniers of grace, wicked, 3. unloving, addicted to irreconcilable malicious gossips, ferocious, haters of the good, 4. treacherous, rash, inflated, attached to pleasure more than to the love of Elohim, 5. having a form of respect for Elohim but wide from the power of Elohim. Them who are such, repel from you.
6. For of them are they who creep into this and that house and captivate the women who are plunged in sins and led away by divers lusts, 7. who are always learning, and can never come to the knowledge of the truth. 8. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moshe, so also do these withstand the truth: men whose mind is corrupted and (are) reprobates from the faith. 9. But they will not make progress, for their infatuation will be understood by everyone, as theirs also was understood. 10. But you have followed after my doctrine and my manner of life, and my aims, and my faith, and my long suffering, and my love, and my patience, 11. and my persecution, and my sufferings. And you know what I endured at Antioch and at Iconium and at Lystra; what persecution I endured: and from all these my Master (Y'shua) delivered me.
12. And likewise all who choose to live in the Fear of Elohim, in Y'shua the Mashiyach, will be persecuted. 13. But evil and seducing men will add to their wickedness while they deceive and are deceived. 14. But continue you in the things you have learned and been assured of; for you know from whom you learned; 15. because from your childhood, you were taught the Set Apart books which can make you wise to life by faith in Y'shua the Mashiyach. 16. All Scripture that was written by the Spirit is profitable for instruction and for decisive refutation, and for correction, and for deep extensive learning in righteousness; 17. that the man of Elohim may become perfect and complete for every good work. (AENT)
- 2 Timothy 4: 3. For the time will come when they will not give ear to sound teaching; but, according to their lusts, will multiply to themselves teachers in the itching of their hearing; 4. and will turn away their ears from the truth, and incline after fables. 5. But be vigilant in all things; and endure evils and do the work of a proclaimer of the Good News, and fulfill your ministry. (AENT)
The Bible has warned us that terrible things would happen right before "the end." The prophet Micah warned of this day with startling words:
- Micah 7:6 For a son insults his father, a daughter rises against her mother, daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law - a person's enemies are the members of his own household.
Yeshua HaMashiyach took the words of Micah and turned them into His own warning. He said:
- Matthew 10: 21 A brother will betray his brother to death, and a father his child; children will turn against the parents and have them put to death. 22 Everyone will hate you because of Me, but whoever holds out till the end will be preserved from harm.
We are there, right now! This is the day that Micah, Yeshua, and Paul said we would be in just before the Judge steps onto the scene. You are already choosing sides....