Did you know that YHWH (Yahweh) did NOT make His New Covenant with Gentiles; that He made it with the Torah observant Houses of Israel and Judah?
Jeremiah 31:31 "Here, the days are coming," says ADONAI, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Isra'el and with the house of Y'hudah.
Jeremiah 31:31 33 "For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Isra'el after those days," says ADONAI: "I will put my Torah within them and write it on their hearts; I will be their God, and they will be my people.
"Written on your heart means "memorized." How can you have Torah "written on your heart" unless you know what it says and have studied it? Are babies born with "Torah written on their hearts? NO! They're little people who don't know wrong from right until parents teach them!
Christians keep talking about the "New Covenant" and how it relieves them of paying attention to the "old"...Well, the bottom line is, the "covenants" never changed God's TORAH (Divine Instructions in Righteousness) one iota! Torah has always remained the same! Covenants have changed; Torah has always remained the same.
Most Christians have never realized there is "something is missing" in the church - even those who truly "love the Lord" and live for Him with ever fiber of their being. These people are content with the status quo; they never question their pastors or any of the teachings. And even most of those who realize, for example, that Jesus was not born on December 25th bother to ferret out when our Savior was actually born. Many even ask, "What difference does it make when He born, as long as we celebrate His birth?
Well, it matters to GOD who warned us over and over again not to be "lukewarm" towards Him! That is why this website has compiled a list of articles containing myriads of reasons as to why the "NT-only, grace-only" theology is off the mark and even "lukewarm" on several levels. For instance, if you're among those who honestly believe there is no more to pleasing God than just "believing in Jesus," please read on!
An entire religion has been built around the idea that God's seasons and Divine Instructions were abolished at the cross and that Jesus came to do away with His Father's "forever" commands and institute a "religion" of "grace" that resembles nothing that God ever commanded.
Many are quick to claim, "We're NOT under the law; we're under grace. The law was just for the Jews!" It escapes them that "grace" has always been around; it didn't just start when Jesus died. It was grace that allowed Adam and Eve to continue living after they sinned. It was grace that kept Cain alive after he killed Abel. It was grace that allowed Noah and his family to begin the human race from scratch after the Flood. And it was grace that saved Lot and his family from destruction.
None of these people were "Jews"! There were no "Jews" until our third Patriarch, Jacob, had one of his 12 sons whom he named Yehudah (Judah) who ultimately became "the Tribe of Yehudah" where the term "Jews" originated - yet they were all Torah observant....
So, here are some initial questions to chew on:
Why should you keep the Ten Commandments? Is keeping the commandments is a requirement for favor with God? Keeping HIS commanded Seventh Day Sabbath is one of the eternal requirements … are you keeping it?
If you said YES to any of the questions above, then how can you insist that God's grace is the only necessary and sufficient condition for the favor of heaven? Why bother with the Ten Commandments at all, if "grace" is all that's required? Oh - that the world wouldn't work well without them, you say? Well, but this justification is entirely pragmatic and arbitrary and therefore subject to the cultural views of the age, isn't it? Things have changed so much that today, many believe they only need to bother with TWO commandments! (Love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself.)
Can you provide any biblical justification, some God-given reason why you should live now according to His will? Be careful how you respond, because if you provide any justification at all, we will want to know why these behaviors are necessary if you are under "grace"....
(1) With whom did YHWH make His New Covenant? Please check Jeremiah 31:32 which shows He did NOT make it with the Gentiles; rather, with the Torah observant Houses of Israel and Judah - both of whom were obedient to His divine Instructions in Righteousness! YHWH never said He would have different instructions for the Gentiles; He said four times in Numbers 15:13-16 that the same rules would apply to the "foreigner" (non-Hebrew) who wishes to worship Him.
(2) What exactly is Torah? (See Torah put in simple terms.)
(3) Despite what you've been taught, please ask yourself this: Did Jesus really come to abolish the Torah (Divine Instructions in Righteousness, without which we would have NO blueprint for moral holy living) and institute a new religion? (See Original Commandments.)
(4) What "religion" was Jesus, and are you "sinless" and free from following God's rules just because you "believe in Jesus?" (See Confess.)
(5) What is sin according to 1 John 3:4? (See Sinning.)
(6) If Torah has supposedly been abolished, then how you do know what God expects of you? (Before you shout, "Matthew 22:36-40!" please read What parts of Torah are still applicable today?)
(7) According to Romans 11:17, you are grafted in to the Olive Tree (Israel). "Grafted-in" branches cannot change the constitution of the tree. As part of Israel, now since you have been grafted in (adopted), please explain why would God have different rules for His Natural and Adopted Children? (Would you have different rules for your natural and adopted children?)
(8) What makes you think Torah was "just for the Jews"? Did you know there were NO "Jews" until Jacob gave birth to Yehudah (Judah) in Genesis 29:35, where the term "Jew" originated - yet ALL believers up until then were Torah observant?
(9) Where does the Bible suggest the Sabbath (His commanded day of rest) is ever to be on any other day besides the SEVENTH Day (Saturday on our Gregorian calendars)? (Please see True Sabbath Day and God's calendar and the seven-day week.)
(10) Where does the Bible tell you to ignore Yahweh's Biblical Feasts and come up with your own "holy days" of Christmas and Easter?
(11)"But doesn't Acts 15 plainly state that Gentiles only have to obey certain commands?" ... No. Acts 15 was referring NOT to the Torah itself, but to the man-made, rabbinical laws that had been inserted into YHWH's Torah commands.
(12) Since the Bible tells us Jesus (Yeshua = Yahweh, Philippians 2:6-11) is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8), why would God have sent His Son, who was "the Word of God" (John 1:1 and 1:14) to change His Divine Instructions in Righteousness and start a new "religion" and instead, celebrate man-made holy days? (Would He really have come to bring a religion that was to change the Name of our Savior along with the dates of His birth, death and resurrection and dared to ignore the commanded Seventh Day Sabbath [which is a SIGN between God and all those who worship Him - Ezekiel 20:12] and all of His other Appointed Times?)