John 17: 1. Y'shua spoke these things and he lifted up his eyes to Heaven and said My Father the hour has come. Glorify your Son so that your Son might glorify you. 2. Just as you have given him authority over all flesh that whomever You have given him, he will give to him life that is eternal. 3. Now this is life that is eternal, that they might know You, that You are the Elohim of Truth, and he alone whom You have sent, the Mashiyach Y'shua.
Life eternal is what? "That they might know YOU!"....Yeshua never came to replace Yahweh! He came as "an arm" of Yahweh, and to do everything His father told Him:
Luke 4: 43 "But he (Yeshua/Jesus) said, "I must preach the good news of the Kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent."
Luke 8: 1. And it happened after these things that Y'shua was going around in the cities and in the villages and was preaching and declaring the Kingdom of Elohim.
Acts 28: 23 "From morning till evening the Apostle Paul explained and declared the Kingdom of God and tried to convince people about Yeshua from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets."
Acts 24: 14. But this indeed I (Paul) acknowledge, that in that same doctrine of which they speak, I do serve the Elohim of my fathers, believing all the things written in Torah and in the prophets.
4. I have glorified You on earth. The work that You have given to me to do I have finished it. 5. And now glorify me my Father with You in that glory that I had with You from before the world was. 6. I have made Your Name known to the sons of those men whom You had given to me from the world. They were Yours and You have given them to me, and they have kept Your Word. 7. Now they have known that everything that you have given to me I have given to them and they received them. 8. And they know that I have truly proceeded from your presence, and they believe that You have sent me.
Please re-read that entire passage beginning in verse 4. Did Yeshua in any way suggest that He came to proclaim Himself as someone who was empowered to change Yahweh's rules? NO! He says, "You have sent me!"
9. And I plead for them. It is not for the world I plead; rather, for those whom you have given to me because they are Yours. 10. And everything that is mine is Yours, and Yours is mine and I am glorified by them. 11. Henceforth, I will not be in the world, and these are in the world. And I am coming to Your presence. Kadosh Father, keep them by your Name , that which you have given to me, that they may be one as We are. 12. I was with them while I was in the world. I have kept them in your Name; those whom you have given to me, I have kept. And not a man of them is lost except for the son of perdition, that the Scriptures might be fulfilled.
 Kadosh/Set Apart means that YHWH and His Word will never change; we can put our trust in Him knowing He will keep His Word.
 A very key passage. Aramaic literally reads that YHWH (pronounced Yahweh) gave His Name to Yeshua; therefore, he has the Name of his Father within him. Yeshua was the ONLY one who ever had the Name of YHWH within His own Name. The messengers (angels) had only the TITLE of "God" within their names: MichaEL, GabriEL, UriEL....
 Yeshua keeps them in YHWH's name so when we call upon YHWH in Yeshua's name, we are calling on YHWH for Salvation. As the Name of YHWH is in Mashiyach (Messiah), so are we to have the name of Mashiyach in us, which means that as followers of Yeshua we are to walk according to his righteousness, observe Torah and walk in the anointing of the Ruach haKodesh (Holy Spirit) as Mashiyach demonstrated to us.
13. And now I come to Your presence, and these things I speak in the world that my joy may be full in them. 14. I have given to them Your Word and the world hates them because they are not of the world as I am not of the world. 15. It is not that I plead You take them from the world, but that You might keep evil from them. 16. For they are not from the world, as I am not from the world.
17. Father sanctify them by your Truth, for Your Word is Truth. 18. As you have sent me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19. And I fear for their sakes. I sanctify myself so that they may also be sanctified by Truth. 20. And it is not only for the sake of these I plead, but also for the sake of those who will believe in me by their word.
21. That all of them may be One; as You my Father are in me and I in You, that they also may be One in Us, that the world may believe that You have sent me. 22. And the glory that You have given to me I have given to them that they may be One as we are One. 23. I in them and You in me, that they may be perfected into One and that the world may know that You have sent me, and that You have loved them as also You have loved me.
24. Father, those whom You have given to me, I desire that where I am they might also be with me that they might see my glory that You have given to me because You have loved me from before the foundations of the world. 25. My Just Father, the world has not known You, but I have known You. And these that You know You have sent me. 26. And I have made Your Name known to them. And I will confess it so that the love with which You have loved me might be in them, and I might be in them.
All of the above passages show Yeshua exhibiting respectful and reverent deference to the Father. This does not mean He was a "lesser god"; it means He was serving as Yahweh's "arm". The arm is not the brain; it does what the brain tells it to do, and yet it is inseparable from the brain.
By insisting that grace and mercy somehow replaced the need for obedience (We don't have to do anything but "believe in Jesus!") Christianity has totally skewed who God is and who His Son is....